Pacific Place, Jl. Jend. Sudirman No.kav. 52-53, RT.5/RW.3, Senayan, Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12190
Date: Tuesday 31 July Time: 14.00 – 16.00
Organized by: Indonesian Waste Platform
Moderator: Dr. Amaranila Lalita Drijono
Sustainable Living is A SMART Life style …… and a MUST.
Growing world population poses pressures on our planet’s resources and environmental pollution. We take much for granted and this is not sustainable. We need to change our mind-set, reduce our food waste and the use of single-use materials. We need to adopt practical and affordable alternatives to minimize our impact on our planet. The widespread use of single-use packaging in combination with low recycling waste infrastructure is taking its toll. It is impacting our environment, our soil, our fresh water source, human health and the economy.
It is predicted that by the year 2050 there will be more plastic than fish in our oceans. At this this event we offer you new insights and practical solutions, which will support you to make positive changes in your personal life and in your work environment.
- Welcome and Dr Amaranila Lalita Drijono, Advisor of IWP in Health Impact & Education, Founder of Mata Cinta
- Quiz to assess your basic knowledge about waste
- Practical example of the impact of waste on humans and environment on Pulau Harapan by Dr. Amaranila Lalita Drijono
- The importance of Environmental Education in schools VIDEO – Nina van Toulon, founder of Indonesian Waste Platform
- How to change the mind-set in a neighborhood by Ir. Ign Adi Wibowo, founder of Lab Tanya : Kota Tanpa Sampah
- What about plastic – types? What can be recycled and how and where?? By ibu Felicita Yanti, managing ADUPI, Indonesian Plastic Recycling Association VIDEO
- What is sustainable packaging? How can your company adopt more sustainable practices? Henky Wibawa, chairman of the Indonesian Packaging Federation
- How can you dispose safely of your hazardous household waste? Tuti Hendrawati Mintarsih – Expert Staff to the Minister of Environment for Solid Waste and Hazardous Waste Management and advisor at Indonesian Waste Platform
- Panel discussions, questions and answers
- Water filters VIDEO by Social Impakt – NAZAVA
Signing of your Personal Pledge to reduce 5 items:
- Say no to straws
2. Remember my reusable bags
3. Use a refillable water bottle
4. Bring my own take-out containers
5. Choose products with no or less plastic packaging
6. Avoid products with micro beads
+ convince 10 of your own friends to do the same – in response to the United Nations Environmental Program’s request to take the pledge http://www.cleanseas.org/take-action#
Exhibition of practical solutions
Compost bin, Reusable straws, Reusable bags, Sustainable packaging
Handout of useful contact phone numbers
Where can you send old batteries? How to dispose of old motor oil?
Who to contact for handing in recyclables? RefillMyBottle App Where to buy a household composter?
- Results quiz, answers and prizewinners
- Closing words by Dr Amaranila Lalita Drijono
You are invited to submit your own story about your personal sustainable life style story to Dr. Amaranila Lalita Drijono by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected stories will be featured in Mata Cinta E-(Slow) Magazine